The Conscious Mind is what you do.
The Subconscious Mind is who you truly are.
So, what is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a natural state in which our thinking, conscious, logical mind subsides, and our subconscious mind becomes prevalent.
- A state of lowered conscious brain activity that we all experience every day of our lives
- A natural state of physical relaxation and focused, magnified concentration
- A subconscious realization of an idea
- A state of hyper-receptibility
- The state between asleep and awake
Examples of Hypnosis we experience every day:
- Getting lost in a good book
- Crying at your favorite movie (hello, ending of The Notebook…)
- That song that brings you back to your childhood or that amazing vacation
- Driving on auto-pilot – when you get to your destination and realize you don’t remember the drive!
- Even just closing your eyes brings you into hypnosis!